Sharing simple tutorial on how to create patriotic fabric garland.
- Farbic | I used an old pillow case-non cotton
- Food Coloring | Blue & Red
- Cut the fabric into strips | I cut 30 strips at 10in each
- Mix 10 drops of red food coloring with 1tbls of water
- Add the fabric strip to the dye
- Repeat with all the strips
- Lay the strips flat to dry
- For the white strips I emerged the fabric into brown wax and 2 tbls of water mixed
- The white strips will have an old look
- Tie each fabric piece onto the twine | I tied mine in the traditional red, white and blue order
- The food coloring dye will give the fabrics lighter colors so I dipped each strip into the dye for a dramatic look
Y’all are finished
Thank you for being a part of The Rocking Horse Farmhouse!
More on the above patriotic farmhouse decor here: Patriotic Farmhouse Decor